When looking for the best wireless gaming headset, you want a design that provides independence to go throughout your room, but one that provides remarkable battery pack lifespan, convenience and perhaps above all else zero latency between the experience on display and the audio being piped into your ear pathways.
That said, if you see latency at all, it’s an issue – even a part of a second can be frustrating. Therefore, the most key elements that we analyzed for the top wireless gaming headset opinions was low latency and guaranteeing unfettered audio loading, which can become an issue amongst wireless headsets.
But getting all that can be confirm an costly proposition; some of the best designs increase previous $200, and to get below $100 you will need to bargain to mature designs. On the other hand, and if you’re ok with cables, and looking for a headset by system.
Best Wireless Gaming Headsets 2017
SteelSeries Siberia 800 – Best Multi-Platform Headset
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: Extremely flexible while still maintaining audio high quality additional high
SteelSeries Siberia 800 Wireless Gaming Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for PC/Mac PS3/4 Xbox 360 and Apple TV (Formerly...
17 used from $149.99
- SteelSeries next-generation speaker drivers offer detailed highs, accurate midst and deliver that low bass
- Closed-back ear cups for superior accuracy, clarity, and detail
- Dolby virtual 7.1 surround sound technology places you in the game - for PC/Mac PS3/4 Xbox 360 and Apple TV
- Retractable, directional mic on gooseneck with mute indicating light
- Two hot-swappable Li-Ion batteries for unlimited play
- Sound Share lets you share the audio with a friend
Many things matter when it comes to wireless headsets: Quality, latency, comfort, battery package, encompass, etc. The SteelSeries Siberia 800 (previous editions were called the SteelSeries H) has it all, and the price is very reasonable for a top-tier wireless headsets.
The motorists offer an additional low-frequently increase to your audio, and they are good enough to give Dolby exclusive 7.1 encompass – which is easily becoming conventional for today’s wireless gaming headphones. It uses a conventional rechargeable battery package power and comes with an additional package that you can easily exchange in to keep playing.
Latency is always significant with these headsets, but the SteelSeries Siberia 800 had an excellent reputation to keep latency down and undetectable. The orthopedic cushioning and sinkable mic also make this design one of the more relaxed on the marketplace.
Those earcups come with a set of on-ear manages that allow you to modify quantity and change a few configurations. The transmitter comes with an OLED screen that will keep you modified with the current position of the design. For around $266, it’s difficult to find a better deal in the game playing industry when it comes to top level headsets.
One point to keep in mind: If you pay attention to the terms and conditions, you’ll see that this wireless headset does not support System One without the use of an adaptor, a common issue with System nintendo wii. If you are an System One player, we recommend you look at the edition of the Siberia 800 created for that console.
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 – Best Fidelity
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: Wireless functions and great audio, at the same time at a great price
3 used from $298.50
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built-in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
Sennheiser is known for two things: Expensive as well as constancy, usually in that order. These audio system are no different, because they merge both wireless abilities and disturbance termination functions. If you dislike having your audio system on a cable, they think about trying this design out. It uses a Wireless bluetooth relationship or an optionally available NFC relationship for songs, and activities an amazing 22-hour battery power lifespan for those lengthy visits. You can even couple with two gadgets at the same time.
Clearly this is the most expensive wireless headset on the list and losing $500 is only for the true audiophiles and quiet-lovers among us. But for all it’s intelligent functions and top quality audio, there are a couple other caveats. Battery power is standard rechargeable via USB slot, so have a computer around for asking for. Also, combining wireless and disturbance termination may lead to some odd side-effects. Genuine wireless exchange isn’t always assured if disturbance is a problem. Luckily, Wireless bluetooth and NFC hardly ever have problems with this problem when you stay close.
Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum – Best PC Pro Headset
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: Encompass on your terms…and a style made for eSports.
Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset, Wireless Headphones and Microphone
6 used from $84.99
- Pro-G audio & 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound
- Adjustable lighting up to 16.8 million colors
- Flexible wireless or wired connection up to 12-hours battery life
- Foldaway noise-cancelling mic
- Multi-platform Compatibility: Works with PC, mobile, home theater devices, and game consoles, including PS4TM and Xbox OneTM. One headset for all your devices lets you take G933 Artemis Spectrum from your gaming rig to your gaming console and your mobile devices. You can even connect your home theater to the USB-powered wireless mix adapter and listen to TV shows, music, or movies wirelessly without disturbing the people in your home
Logitech set out to create a serious activity playing wireless headset with the G933, and been successful with a wireless headset that is kilometers beyond its forerunners and suitable for the player who wants to get engaged in eSports and needs a set of headsets that can keep up. Not only does this particular style activity extremely relaxed, light and portable earcups, it also provides high-quality surround sound choices that perform with several surround sound types (DTS and Dolby).
The personalization choices are also particularly amazing on the this style, as Logitech has given it all the application you need to modify very accurate sound presets (as well as three automated on-set buttons). Part of that remodelling includes the amazingly fashionable LED lighting around the wireless headset, which can be personalized to shine different shades centered on your in-game situation (dead, treatment, using greatest capabilities, etc.).
Keep in mind, however, that the G933 is mainly designed for PC perform. If you have a Mac or a system, you can probably create the wireless headset perform, but you’ll be losing out on the personalization choices that turn this into style such a award.
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z300 PC Wireless Headset – Most Comfortable PC Headset
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: Comfortable ear glasses, game-on-the-go choices, and price range.
- Maximize Multimedia Audio - The Z300 will be your go-to headset for music, Skype, Netflix and more
- Microphone Monitor - Hear your voice in the headset while speaking, so you don't have to shout
- Mobile Versatility - Utilize dual-pairing Bluetooth or included mobile device cable for on-the-go use
- Independent Volume Controls - Separate game and chat volume controls plus mic mute right on the headset
- Rechargeable Battery - Up to 15 hours of play out of built-in Lithium Polymer batter, plus you can charge and play simultaneously
Turtle Seaside has automobile for relaxed, gameplay-oriented headsets, and its wi-fi headsets certainly live up to the name. Much like the SteelSeries design, there are wireless headsets and full exclusive 7.1 encompass, but only one standard rechargeable battery power – this one continues 15 hours. The wireless headset also does not have that awesome sinkable mic which creates the SteelSeries so effective and flexible.
Fortunately, the Z300 creates this up in other ways. It provides both Wi-Fi and Wireless bluetooth coupling choices for game playing on the go or connecting to a particular system. It can also take phone calls by connecting straight to a mobile phone like an iPhone. And let’s not neglect the price, either – $150 is much easier to abdomen if you are on a price range. However, please keep in mind that this is a PC design, and isn’t made for nintendo wii, though it still enables to be in our top game playing equipment opinions.
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 – Most Attractive Price
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: An easy automuting mic and for less money than more recent designs.
27 used from $39.95
- Headphone Driver: 1.6-Inch (40 mm), Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz, Impedance: 32 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
- Microphone Pickup pattern: Cardioid (Unidirectional), Type: Pressure Gradient Electret Condenser, Frequency response: 50-20KHz, Sensitivity: -40dBV/Pa re: 0dB = 1 Pa, 1KHz
- Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, Seven discrete audio channels, SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8USB port
These wireless headsets are a bit mature, but that does excellent achievements to the cost – you can locate these for under $100. Once again we have 7.1 encompass with this design, and it sneakers up the personalization by giving three on-ear control buttons that you can system yourself for a number of different immediate instructions. The mic automatic mutes and decreases qualifications disturbance instantly.
The standard rechargeable battery power inside this design will only last for around 10 hours, and like most game playing headsets you will need an extra USB slot to cost them. While the cushioning for this wireless headset isn’t quite as finish as our other participants, it isn’t bare-bones, either.
The caveats attack again with a couple pointers about the G930. First, the design utilizes PS4 but it isn’t helpful with any edition of the Console. Although, this is an mature wireless headset, so you may want to double-check that it functions together with Ms windows 10 before you buy it – there may be some incompatibility problems or firmware up-dates that you need.
Key Indicators of a Good Wireless Gaming Headset
- Low Latency: We’ve already mentioned this but it holds duplicating. Latency is one of the most severe things to see in wireless headsets. This means that audio is late via loading and out of synchronize with what’s occurring on the screen. Look for headphones and reviews that report low latency during examining.
- Easy Controls: wireless headsets manages should be both simple to control and clear and understandable. Recipient LEDs that show your earphone position are indeed useful. Good headphones also tend to have simply on-ear control buttons for quick, hassle-free manages.
- Surround Sound: Game playing audio should get serious attention to details. While headphones cannot offer true encompass, they can offer exclusive encompass. Look for headphones that offer exclusive Dolby 7.1 encompass features.
Most Important Wireless Gaming Headset Features
Ear Cup Material
- Look for froth and high-quality, natural components with a extended life span.
- Check opinions to see how lengthy ear glasses are long long-term. Preferably you want your ear cup content to avoid breaks and divides for at least the first couple years.
- Driver dimensions for game playing headphones are generally in the 50s when it comes to mm. However, bigger motorists do not always equivalent bigger appears to be – they can make more vibrations, however, so are best suitable for powerful fish appears to be.
Wireless Relationship Type
- Bluetooth relationships allow for individual system coupling, which is useful for game playing on the go or in areas with more disturbance.
- Wireless relationships over your Wi-Fi system may allow for more personalization and easier at-home use.
- Batteries for wi-fi headphones should ideally last for around 10-12 hours, but results are different. Standard rechargeable battery power package are the most useful, especially if they come with an additional package.
- If a headsets takes AA or AAA battery power package, remember that this will add to the weight and that you will always need additional battery power package on hand, especially when journeying.
- Preference is important here, but bigger, heavy microphones are usually not beneficial. Look for microphones that get out of the way easily.